Eat Healthy This Winter
Garma garam pakode aur masala chai,” even the words have aroma. The Indian Food Movement has many remedial recipes to feed our Warmth Hungry Winter Soul.
We want to get in shape & winter makes us hungry. Rejoice! We have a winter nutritional diet in place, just for you.
The healthiest one is BBQ or grilled food with hot spices, ginger, eggs and ghee or sesame oil which are essential for maintaining heat in our body.
A little amount of healthy fat is advisable as it prevents heat from escaping the body.
Let me quickly share a few healthy recipes:
Barbecue Corn Cobs
- Halve the corn cobs through the core, then cut each piece in two.
- Brush the corn liberally with oil, and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Barbecue the corn pieces, kernel-side down, on a heated char-grill pan or barbecue for 5 minutes until charred slightly, then turn and cook for a further 5 minutes or until the kernels are tender.
- Serve Hot.
For Non- Vegetarians
Mutton Seekh Kebab
- Mince the meat.
- Grind onion, ginger, garlic, parsley leaves, coriander leaves into fine paste
- Add Garam Masala, Turmeric, Chilli powder to the mix.
- Add the above mix into the meat.
- Add salt, mild til oil and one egg, mix well and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Make the meat into shape of kebab and then attach it to skewer to BBQ.
- Serve hot.
Ok, we’ve shared our winter special healthy recipes, let us know what some of yours are !