Protect your hair and skin while you have fun with colours
Holi hai! Everyone is dancing to the tunes of this festival, isn’t it? The Holi festival brings together a mix of sumptuous delicacies, colour-filled water balloons and celebration with an array of colours.
It is that time of the year again when people come together, rejoice and apply colour on each other to share their joy and mitigate differences. While its colour and happiness all the way, the only drawback is the aftermath; the effect of colours on your skin and hair.
Here’s a list of things to consider for an easy, safe and joyful holi.
Before Stepping out for Holi:
- Apply adequate coconut oil/olive oil or any Vitamin E oil on your entire body so that the colour doesn’t stick and is easy to wash-off.
- Oiling your hair, behind the ears, finger tips, near finger nails is very important
- Wear protective glasses while playing Holi; even old pair of sunglasses is a good idea to look fashionable
- The best hair care tips during Holi for all is to use scarf or bandanna to protect your hair from every bit of colour
- Try wearing dark full sleeves cotton clothes which will cover your body and can protect you from harmful colours
- Lastly, drink lots of water before playing Holi to keep yourself hydrated and to feel energetic and refreshed all day long.
Easy tips on How to remove holi colour from skin or hair:
- Wash your skin with cold water to scrub off colours
- Apply coconut/olive/Vitamin E oil on your skin before bath and gently scrub off the colour
- Rub a few lemon wedges to areas on your body to lightens the stain
- After washing your body, apply plenty of moisturizer to prevent the skin from dryness
- One can also use grooming and personal care kits to recuperate skin
Tips to Remember:
- Go for facial only a week after Holi to keep your skin refreshed, moisturized and dazzling
Go out and colour the world, but don’t forget to follow these simple steps for a enjoyable Holi 2017. Have a safe and fun day with colours. Happy Holi!