Your Go-to-Guide to Protect your Skin and Hair for Holi 2018
Huddle up, everyone! The most-awaited Holi festival is finally around the corner. And considering that it is on Friday, there is even more reason for everyone to play with colour without worrying about showing up to work the next day, all tired.
While playing Holi with family and friends is a lot of fun, it is important to take care of your skin and hair before stepping out of your home. Here are a few hair and skin care tips to make your Holi safe and joyful.
Pre-Holi skin and hair care regime
1) Apply a thick layer of good quality cream or oil to your skin, especially on the exposed parts, including the face and hands
2) While playing Holi, use more of pink or red colours, which can be easily taken off with a cleanser and does not require deep scrubbing.
3) Ensure that you use Vaseline under nails and soles, elbows and other dry areas of your body for easy cleaning
4) Wear clothes that can cover maximum part of your body so as to prevent exposing your skin to colours and harmful chemicals
5) Oil your hair before you start meddling up with the colours. This will ensure that the colour does not stay in your hair for too long and will come out easily when washed
Post-Holi skin and hair care regime
1) Once you are done playing, stand under running water for 5-10 minutes. Simply stand, you don’t need to aggressively scrub or scratch
2) Avoid the use of soaps or face washes as they are alkaline in nature, they will dry your skin
3) Shampoo hair immediately after playing with colour & don’t forget to condition your hair. If hair is too dry then warm oil accompanied with hot towel treatment should be given the next day
4) Apply some moisturizer after you take your bath
5) Going for a skin facial and hair spa is a good idea post-Holi.
Wishing you all a very colorful, safe and healthy Holi!